Thursday, March 26, 2009

Marvin the Martian, Strikes again!

Now this story happened probably a year ago, but, it is SO worth telling!

Once upon a time when leaving work one day, I had decided go to to the book store and look for a gift for my love muffin Scott. I am meandering down the aisles looking for something he'd read, when I hear the psycho theme ringing on my phone. This is thee signature ring I have dawned to my mother. I hesistantly answered the phone, "Helllooo?"

She answers with a sullen "Mycah, Mycah...do you own any Marvin the Martian underwear?"

Obviously I am thinking "why in the hell is she asking such a question?" but I rack my brain anyways, and try and remember the inventory of underwear I have or once had in my entire life span. But of course of all the underwear I can't recall ever owning Marvin the Martian. So I answer her with a "Erm...no I dont think so why?"

She answers ever so angrily "I found Marvin the Martian underwear in your fathers laundry, I just knew he was cheating. I just KNEW IT!"

Excuse me but what are you supposed to say to that?! I mean come on. 1st: What 50 year old woman that my father may be with would wear Marvin the Martian underwear?!? 2nd: I say it again, WHAT 50 Year old WOMAN WOULD WEAR Marvin the Martian!? 3rd: I do live in that house and our laundry could get mixed so are we REALLY having this conversation right now in the seriousness that your having right now? UGH!

I reply with another "Uhm, I am sorry?" She starts bawling and then hangs up the phone. So I've lost motivation from the mere shock of this all and decide to head home. On my way home I keep racking my brain about the infamous Marvin the Martian underwear. I think and think, then it dawns on me! "HOLY CRAP....I DO have Marvin the Martian underwear! I havent worn it since Junior high!" (why do I still have underwear from Junior High? Just please dont ask, it still escapes me completely as to why)

So, with this new epiphany I try and do the noble thing and call my mom back and tell her this breaking news! I call her and she doesn't believe me! SHE DOESN'T BELIEVE ME! She replied with a rude "You are just trying to cover for your father" and hung up on me!

My mother, hung up on me! RUDE! Not wanting to be hung up on again I was reduced to describing the underwear to the best of my knowledge through text. Describing the placements of the Martian, what he was doing in some of the drawings, the SIZE of the underwear... The things I do to save my pin head father from the wrath of Kahn just makes me crazy sometimes.

Anyways, she never believed me but ended up forgetting about it completely (after a year!)

So, that was one story of my life. Explain my sanity at all?!

3 comments:

  1. oh my!!! I was thinking about you yesterday and remember meeting you parents when you first started working at the clinic...They seemed normal and very protective of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA protective. PROTECTIVE?! Oh phew your going to make me laugh till I have tears.

    They like to make others believe they love me just oh so much! When its just me and no witnesses they'll give me poo on a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have now heard the Marvin the Martian underwear story! Oh my. Funny indeed, and sad too.

    ReplyDelete